Use Remote Desktop on your Windows, Android or iOS device to connect to a PC remotely:
Firstly, set up the remote PC, it will allow remote connections. See How do I connect to another PC with Remote Desktop Connection?
On the remote PC, open Settings and go to System > About.Note the PC name. You’ll need this later.
Next, in Settings, go to System > Power & sleep and check to make sure Sleep is set to Never.
Enter the full name of the remote PC into Remote Desktop Connection on your local PC. For detailed steps, see Connect to another computer using Remote Desktop Connection.
Windows keeps track of the settings that you care about when sync is turned on and sets them for you on all your Windows 10 devices.
Also you can choose to sync web browser settings, passwords and colour themes.
If you turn on Other Windows settings, Windows syncs some device settings (for things like printers and mouse options), File Explorer settings and notification preferences.
A variety of apps already work with Continuum – including Microsoft Edge, Word, Excel, USA Today, Audible, Photos and Mail – and more apps will work soon. In the meantime, you can use your phone to open apps that don’t work with Continuum yet.
How do I know whether to trust a website in Microsoft Edge?
If you see a lock button next to a website’s address in Microsoft Edge, it means:
– What you send and receive from the website is encrypted, which makes it difficult for anyone else to get this information.
– The website is verified, which means that the company running the site has a certificate proving they own it. Click the lock button to see who owns the site and who verified it.
When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Defender is on and working to protect your PC by scanning for malicious software. It will turn itself off if you install another anti-virus app.
Windows Defender uses real-time protection to scan everything that you download or run on your PC. Turn off real-time protection temporarily by selecting the Start icon button, then selecting Settings > Update & security > Windows Defender.
Change purchase sign-in settings for Windows Store
The Windows Store asks for your password every time you buy something. To simplify purchasing and skip the password step:
Go to the Store app, and select your sign-in picture next to the search box.
Go to Settings > Purchase sign-in > Streamline my purchase experience.
Turn the switch to On.
This will let you buy from the Store without entering a password.
Your other devices will not be affected until you change this setting on each one.
This setting applies to in-app purchases.
Connect a Bluetooth audio device or wireless display to your PC
Connect a Bluetooth audio device
To connect your Bluetooth headset, speaker or headphones to your Windows 10 PC, you’ll need to pair the device first.
– Turn on your Bluetooth device and make it discoverable. The way you make it discoverable depends on the device.
– Check the device info or website to find out more.
– On the taskbar, select the Action Centre icon, and make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
To use Game DVR on Windows 10, you’ll need the following hardware:
The Game bar is available on all Windows 10 PCs. However, to record game clips, you need one of these video cards:
AMD: AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 series, HD 7000M series, HD 8000 series, HD 8000M series, R9 series, and R7 series.
NVIDIA: GeForce 600 series or later, GeForce 800M series or later, Quadro Kxxx series or later.
Intel: Intel HD graphics 4000 or later, Intel Iris Graphics 5100 or later.
To check the video card on your PC, go to the search box on the taskbar and search for “Device Manager.” In Device Manager, expand Display adapters.
When an alarm goes off, you’ll hear a sound and see a notification that you can snooze or dismiss.
It appears even if the app is closed, sound is muted, or your PC is locked. You can even dismiss alarms from the lock screen without unlocking it. However, in most cases, alarms won’t sound if your PC is asleep, and never when it’s shut down.
Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays
If pressing the Connect button in Action Centre doesn’t find your device, here are some things to try:
– Make sure that your Windows device supports Bluetooth and that it’s turned on. You’ll see a Bluetooth button in Action Centre.
– If you don’t see the Bluetooth button, try updating your device’s driver. Here’s how: go to Start, enter Device Manager, select it from the list of results, and then, in Device Manager, locate your device, right-click (or press and hold) it, select Update Driver Software, select Search automatically for updated driver software, and then follow the rest of the steps.